Friday, February 8, 2013

God help me to accept things I can not change


One of the hardest things to accept is death. I was blessed to have several biological sisters. One of my older sisters that I was very fond of got very sick. Later on she had to have major surgery. When the surgery was finished, the doctor came in and told us that they found a cancerous tumor in her body. He said this type of cancer was aggressive. This was very hard for me to take in. My sister that I love so much might not be with us much longer. It was so hard to see someone you love, spent many day with laughing, and crying with, slowly slip away.

I had the Faith to believe God for her healing, but God had other plans for her life. This was one of the hardest things for me to accept. I was reminded in the Bible that God's grace is sufficient for me. God helped me to accept the things I can not change. I began to allow the healing to take place in my life. I had to let go and let God...

My sister passed away months later, but the love she imparted in our lives was so overwhelming. I can see my sister in her children. I feel her in the songs I hear that she used to sing. The Death of a Love One is so hard to bear and accept, but God will see you through it, if you let him.



1 comment:

  1. I seriously love your website.. Great colors & theme. Did you build this web site yourself?
    Please reply back as I'm planning to create my own site and want to learn where you got this from or exactly what the theme is named. Thanks!
    See this: zobacz, http://spellforce2.pl

    ReplyDelete

Post your comments